French brand DS Automobiles, part of Groupe PSA, unveiled its DS 3 CROSSBACK compact crossover for the premium luxury segment.
Built on Groupe PSA’s all-new ‘Common Modular Platform’ (CMP), the DS 3 CROSSBACK will be initially offer petrol and diesel powertrains, followed by an all-electric E-TENSE version from min- 2019.
The DS 3 CROSSBACK E-TENSE will deliver more than 300km/186 miles of autonomy – WLTP (Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure) cycle, corresponding to a range of 450 kilometres / 280 miles in NEDC (New European Driving Cycle) with a function to charge the battery to 80% in 30 minutes.
This advanced level of performance does not detract from interior space, since the batteries are placed under the floor.
The electric drivetrain of DS 3 CROSSBACK E-TENSE comprises:
– an electric motor of 100kW / 136hp
– a 50kWh lithium-ion battery under the floor
– a regenerative braking system and deceleration system
– a charging system which allows all the charging solutions available on the market (home, Wall box and 100 kW fast charging)
– a new-generation heat pump for climate control in the cabin.
A system delivering high standards of performance:
– range of more than 300km / 186-miles with the WLTP cycle and of 450km / 280miles with the NEDC cycle
– torque of 260Nm
– 0 to 50 kph / 0 to 30mph in3 seconds and 0 to 100kph / 0 to 62mph in 8.7 seconds
– five hours for a full charge with a Wall box of 11kW and 80% of the battery in 30 minutes and 90 minutes with a 100kW public fast charging solution.
“DS 3 CROSSBACK fits perfectly into the second generation DS: technology leadership and unequalled sophistication. With DS 3 CROSSBACK, DS Automobiles writes a new chapter in its history: electrification. With E-TENSE version, DS 3 CROSSBACK is 100% electric, with no compromises over style and benefits,” said Yves Bonnefont, CEO of DS Automobiles.